Friday, April 07, 2006

BTM Rocks : A Trip to Aquatica. - I

( This is the first part of the story .The real purpose of the story to reveal the qualities of my wing mates .Aquatica trip was the most recent gathering of my wing mates .It is very hard to condense my four year experience in these four lines. Sometimes I feel that company of these people was like a service without any price. I am writing this story as farewell gift to my comrades whose presence gave me strength whenever I felt weak ,gave me happiness whenever I felt melancholy, served as balm whenever I felt pain, assured me their presence when I was estranged and helped me to stand like rock against several odds. It is very tough to check the flow of change and now when each of us will get scattered in their journey of life only these delightful memories will remain to cherish. Very few moments come in my life when I get maudlin and this is one of those occasions. It is the moment of great pleasure for me and I have no hesitations in kowtowing before such a great pool of gems...)

It was 12:30 am and some serious topic was going on in a silent room of Azad Hall and suddenly my cell phone rang up with same familiar ring tone of "Humko sirf tumse pyar hai" and I found the number of Anurag flashing on the screen .I started to expect something unexpected before my fingers pressed the green button .Without much Hello or Hi I received a caveat from Anurag that a trip to Aquatica is in conception here and we are supposed to leave Kharagpur about 3 am. Without much effort on my mind I realized the whole situation .Anurag told me that now I am left with two options ,one was to join the party and other was to keep my self at large till 3 am.

Many thoughts rolled over my mind before I managed to decide which option I should select .My conscience questioned me several times .With no job and one more year of imprisonment left I found myself a misfit in the bandwagon of amusing people. So I finally decided to select the second option and to remain absconding till 3 am.

Around 3 am I thought that storm should be over now and my sweet wing mates must have left for Kolkata now. They may be having some grudges with my attitude but generally time is great healer and it helps in obliterating all grudges. Thinking about all that I reached to the gate of Nehru .Suddenly I was taken aback by a solid outline standing at the corridor and resembling to Vishal. My wing is blessed with very influential and lovable character in the form of Vishal. He is very diligent person and consummate performer .Energy level of his body is not at all commensurate with mass and size of his body and sometimes it forces me to think whether he has any biological system to store solar energy .He is involved in many sports activities and he is also Inter-IIT tennis player. His performances of verve and vitality have made me his fan. I some time wondered when I used to play cricket with him. I don't get much opportunity to bat or ball but I get almost same opportunity for fielding as Vishal. Ball gets no margin of space to get out from the area which is in the realm of Vishal but I misfield many times and then I satisfy myself with concept of electrical that thin wire has more resistance and so Vishal is a good fielder. He is brilliant student of electrical engineering department. Overall Vishal is having spate of qualities and virtues and this paragraph is too short to describe all of them.

Ascending through staircase I reached to my wing and the first question that greeted me was from Vishal "Are you not willing to join us in this Aquatica trip .If you will not join then no one will go". A whole scene of bathetic novel and situation of sentimental soap opera was there. Now I found myself in real quandary. My real character is very affable and convivial and now I was finding that my adapted personality with some unseen forces was trying to obscure that real character. At least it should not be on the part of my wing mates. Shame on me I am such a spoilsport! I became very apprehensive of my stand that may provoke salvo of accusations from my wing mates.

Now I started considering prospects and consequences of selecting second option. While I was pondering over it I found Thoka showering some detesting look over me as I have violated the laws of friendship and committed an inexcusable crime. So I went to Thoka and asked him about the outcome of trip. Here I would like to write something about Thoka. Thoka whose real name is Apoorv Pandey is salient part of my wing. He is student in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering which is the best branch of our wing. He is sapient, voracious reader, logical thinker .Overall he is extraordinary person of my wing with ability to solve for loops present inside a for loop. He answers the question with a smile only and while smiling different dimension of his lips represent different answers .Thoka answered me with well familiar smile and this time dimension of his scarlet lips assured me that very ecstatic trip is in store for us.

I unlocked my room and sat down on my chair .Room door was open and so was the orkut. I clicked on the refresh button of orkut expecting increase in number of fans or scraps but same digit of 146 again baffled me. I found the moon looking at me smirking at my position. My thoughtful reverie was broken when I saw Vinay rushing towards bathroom with shaving kit in his hands .I called Vinay to discuss something about this whimsical trip .After realizing my presence in the wing and my reluctance to the trip ,he rebuked me and asked me reasons for upsetting the applecart. Here story demands brief introduction of Vinay Kumar also .The words "hotshot" and "virtuoso" can be used for Vinay Kumar without any second thought. Surely he is a person of extraordinary genius and his assiduous character has helped him to achieve whatever he wants. He is star of my department and all girls of my department are having a complete or fractional crush over him. He claims that he is numero uno since birth and his position in department and invitation from prestigious MIT justifies his claim very well .He considers me as his best friend. I don't know what is my role in these four years of his life but he says that I played spectacular role and outstanding contribution .Many times I found myself as a silent sink receiving all his soppy overflows and dumb listener for all his sermons .I don't know whether I should say it or not but when Vinay comes in front of me I found myself like a Wilson of movie Castaway in the listening to Tom Hanks…..Those who don't know about movie Castaway, Wilson was a volleyball whom Tom Hanks used to talk when he was living an isolated life in remote island.

So Vinay demonstrated a nice picture of Aquatica trip and with the help of my sixth sense I started feeling the paradise .He established many parallels between swimming pools of Singapore full of scantily clad women grappling with water waves of cool and soothing water and Aquatica of Kolkata .Although I am rarely influenced with these fair sex incentives but he assured me that without a trip to such place you will always feel yourself deprived of great pleasure. He told me that one trip to Aquatica will surely end your waits on orkut and after handing me such a nice portrait he went for shaving. I looked at my computer screen and refreshed orkut once again .Scrap count was again 146. Whole situation challenged my established beliefs.

Slowly and slowly I was thinking to get rid of orkut with a simple trip to Kolkata. I was standing against railing looking around this sylvan landscape of Kharagpur and feeling pity over my confinements when Pradeep Bhaiyya appeared with water droplets shining on his face and adding more glow to his natural glitter. I started expecting something out of blue but I was relaxed when he asked me in his usual and friendly style "Hello buddy, what is the reason of your blue?" Pradeep Bhaiyya is most experienced person of our wing .A feeling of reverence automatically seeps through when he comes in picture. Whatever we are doing and expecting to enjoy is past for him except B.Tech. Many times his attitude towards life and perception of situation is really commendable and many times his five minute company will relax you a lot. You can always expect a warm and cosy shelter under his fatherly attitude when you are perplexed or when you are feeling jittery. So I told Pradeep Bhaiyya that I am sprucing myself up for this visit and he was very happy that even most reluctant person is also succumbing towards his brainchild and some supercilious blood ran through his veins.

I was looking at the preparations going in my wing Thoka, Pradep Bhaiyya and Vinay were all set to make this trip memorable one .Two bags were packed and cacophony was prevalent in the wing over various arrangements. Suddenly I found increase in the number of bags and one suitcase was also added. My curiosity forced me to ask about extra appearance of this disturbing stuff and suddenly a voice came from background "Shhh….Its mine ". Here comes the most complex character of our wing Anurag. Tall dark and handsome guy of our wing with dashing outlook and personality suitable to modelling, he is gem of the students in electrical engineering department. A small hissing sound uttered by him is an indication of outright and scornful rejection of you and your nasty idea. He is having unprecedented high levels of logic and wits. He is having a good sense of humour and also great power to understand it .He has affected my life in many ways. I generally find that after five scraps each girl comes to know about my realities and it is because sixth scrap is written by Anurag and now you can very well think about content of that sixth scrap. He is Vishwanathan Anand of Nehru Hall and star of Electrical Engineering Department. Anurag and Satish are in extraordinary nexus that rendered me without a girl and my scrapbook of orkut is live testimony of that joint venture.
So finally we left for Kharagpur station in bicycles and rickshaws. It was 5:00 am. As we crossed Chhedis and Puri Gate the darkness and silence engulfed us .When I travel in the dark I always felt scared of three things …paranormals, dogs and ditches on the road and by the grace of Almighty that day we reached to railway station successfully without much hindrance from these three factors .I , Vinay ,Nuke, Vaibhav,Prashant,Satish,Anurag,Vishal and Pradip Bhaiyya assembled near the ticket counter and waited for the joyous pursuit to start……


(Are you eager to know about the denouement of this trip and outcome of this pursuit of pleasure...Second part is following very soon...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home